1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

If his team didn't routinely play four-hour games it might help them all catch an earlier flight.

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

Maybe the Yankees soured on Kennedy, but they didn't exactly dump him for pennies on the dollar. They got back the guy who should win the MVP this year (a guy who, yes, got off to a bad start last year, but sure as hell ended the year in a more encouraging fashion than Adrian "God and ESPN hate us" Gonzalez) and the Tigers got their centerfielder and leadoff hitter for the next six years (at least). Everyone gave up quality to get quality there.

There's also a very good case to be made that Kennedy is better suited for the NL and would have a far tougher time in the pitcher's pit that is the AL East. I don't think he's going 21-4 w/a sub-3.00 for the Yankees.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Herbert, I MUST have that avatar!

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

You can have it, I'll find something else goofy as shit.

The captain's game face, playoffs edition.

More like me on Saturday with money riding on at least one of these games.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

Haha no it's OK. It's still baseball season, my homage to spnited is not done yet.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'm sure going to Arizona helped, but the guy can pitch.

That said, I'm certainly happy with the way that worked out. I had Kennedy on three fantasy teams this year, including one that won a championship and one that lost in the finals. :)

7. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

NO ONE GIVES A FUCK ABOUT YOUR FANTASY TEAMS! [/RIP]

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Exactly the response I was hoping for, but it's just not the same.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Ken Rosenthal reporting Francona could be out as early as tomorrow.

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I know Kennedy can't help it, but these are the the teams in his final 15 starts:

SF 3 times
    LA 3 times
    SD 3 times
    PIT
    WAS
    NYM

PHIL
    MIL
    STL

In his first 18 starts, he faced four teams over .500, and two were San Fran.

Not exactly a Murderer's Row

11. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything I've read, whether it be BA, BP or ESPN, says there is no way Montero stays at catcher. They're only slightly more optimistic on Lavarnway, for what it's worth. If you judge him against Posada, he's acceptable, but that's damning with faint praise. I think he serves mostly at their DH next year, although they could also see if he can play a little first base so you could spell Texeira every couple of weeks.

12. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Kennedy has definitely surprised me, because I thought he was, at best, a fifth starter. It kind of shows how difficult it is to accurately scout starting pitchers. For every guy like King Felix or Strasburg, there are others like Johan Santana and Halladay who take years to establish themselves.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.