1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2011 Baseball Thread, Vol. I: Dedicated to spnited

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Mar 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That caught stealing sure looks dumb. I just don't give up an out on the bases with my star player at the plate ... ever. Especially behind in the count.

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The announcers said Jake Westbrook was the last guy available in the pen. I was almost rooting for Motte to blow it and have the game go 25 innings. LaRussa would have looked like a fool then.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

CC throwing a lot of pitches in the 1st. Guess that's a positive so far.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Fuckin' A.

Was just going to post that, though not as a "positive".

A 28 pitch first inning. That's going to cost the Yankees.

Hopefully they can get a big lead.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I'm kind of guessing that with him and Verlander, they'll both be allowed to go as many pitches as they want, as long as they're effective. If CC keeps walking people, then sure, they'll take him out in the 5th. But if he coasts for a couple innings, it wouldn't surprise me if he's allowed to throw 110 to 130 pitches.

(Of course, as I was typing this, he walked a batter.)

6. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Uh oh for you! Bases loaded, CC is struggling (four walk already I think) and he's throwing tons of pitches. Things are getting good ha

7. YankeeFan

Two guys in a row can't get the bunt down, and instead they end up with a walk and a single.

Yankees have been lucky so far. Three double plays.

Yankees are going to need to score some runs.

8. suburbia

suburbia Active Member

I'm much more confident in the Yankees doing that than the Tigers. The Yankee lineup has few if any holes.

9. YankeeFan

All these fucking graphics on the screen and TBS can't figure out a way to leave the pitch count up?

As it is, I can barely read it on my new TV when they do put it up. On my old one (smaller) I would have had to walk over to the TV to read it.

10. Johnny Chase

Johnny Chase Member

Why the fuck was Leyland bunting, up two runs, with a man on second and nobody out? Jesus christ, he already had a man in scoring position.

11. YankeeFan

C'mon.

Draw the walk and then Jetes can make Manky's day.

Or do that! Holy shit, Brett fucking Gardner!

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

And the Yankees' season will come down tomorrow to the arm of ... A.J. Burnett.

Well, stranger things have happened this season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.