1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Wainwright looks done.

2. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

4 HRs. Red-meat RAW.

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

My 3-year-old went through a phase where she was working "poop" into everything she said. She was told a few times it wasn't funny or cute and realized nobody else was laughing. So she stopped saying it.

Donny in his element and JC like this.
  4. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

Toddler stories belong in the PRESIDENT TRUMP thread.

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Correct.

6. HanSenSE

Gennett hit a slam, two two-run shots and a solo shot. Needed the three-run HR for the cycle.

7. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Never in a million years would I have bet a guy nicknamed "Scooter" would have a four-homer game.

Batman and bigpern23 like this.
  8. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

That would have been a fun, quirky accomplishment. I'm too lazy to look up whether it's ever been done.

EDIT: Just remembered Hard Hittin' Mark Whitten is the only other player to hit four HRs with a grand slam included, so I'm guessing the HR cycle has never been done. I think he had a pair of 3-run blasts with that grand slam.

9. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

A Gennett hasn't crushed anything in Cincinnati that bad since the Enquirer was sold.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

Meanwhile, 14 Ks for Scherzer through seven at Dodgers.

11. Gator

Gator Well-Known Member

12. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

I don't believe it's ever been done, but I've mentioned on this board before sometime in the late '90s, Tino Martinez of the Yankees had three homers against the Mariners at the Kingdome, which were a solo, two-run and three-run shot, and then in his last at-bat he came up with the bases loaded, and I was thinking that would be a heck of an accomplishment homering for the cycle. Alas, he didn't go deep that time.

bigpern23 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted