1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The Brewers' farm system has been ranked in the Top 10 each of the last two years. They traded away Lucroy, Segura and Carlos Gomez and got a nice haul of prospects.

Lewis Brinson (acquired in the Lucroy trade) is a Top 10 overall prospect and should be in the majors and starting in center field by the end of the year. Josh Hader (Gomez trade) probably will be up later this year and almost immediately will be Milwaukee's No. 1 starter. Outfielder Corey Ray was a Top 5 pick out of Louisville last year who should be in the majors by mid-2018 at the latest. Shortstop/second baseman Isan Diaz (Segura trade) hit 20 home runs in A-ball at age 20 last year.

The current major-league club sucks, but there's talent on the way. It's not like the Brewers' entire organization is a disaster the way the Angels and Diamondbacks have been in recent years.

2. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Very tame and quiet. Not a good sign

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Villar should become a household name.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Certainly came across that way on TV, I heard there were debit and credit card issues in the stadium, perhaps that cut down on the hardcore two-fisted drinking crowd that can turn Jays games into something resembling your average Bills game

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

All he did was lead the majors in stolen bases while hitting 19 home runs last year. Why would anybody know who he is? Villar has been awful so far this season, but I'm kind of surprised a baseball fan wouldn't know the name after what he did in 2016.

6. Songbird

Not everyone plays fantasy baseball lol

7. Songbird

8. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Fantasy baseball is why I know about other Brewers like Keon Broxton, Hernan Perez, Travis Shaw and Domingo Santana. I get casual baseball fans knowing nothing about those guys. But Villar led the majors in steals. I would think that would be enough to at least recognize the name.

9. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Nasty collision Gardner and Weeks at 1b.

10. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Wouldn't surprise me if Weeks got concussed on that collision.

11. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I don't expect glass-like transparency, but does any team lie about player health as egregiously as SF.
    They are like the Shanahan-era Denver Broncos.

Marty Lurie's telling fans not to judge this year's squad until Freddy Sanchez gets back.

12. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted