1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Remind me, what was the beef with Braun? The urine handling?

I thought Landis got shafted with some of the way the TdF testing went, but Braun's situation seemed to be more of a chain of evidence overnight stay in the fridge.

2. JC

JC Well-Known Member

OOP thought it was reasonable to believe he'd been framed. The rest of us acknowledged the break in the chain but pointed out how ridiculous OOP was being. Then OOP went OOP.

3. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

And I don't think I should have brought this back up by asking the question.

LongTimeListener and JC like this.
  4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I'm sure OOP will let it go quietly.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Actually, my point was that steroid accusations are made far too easily and I used the Braun case to make my point. I'll give you credit. At least you don't lie and claim I declared Braun was innocent, which LTL has done.

The flaws in MLB's handling of the matter got list because Braun really did use PEDs and he was a dick in covering it up. That said, MLB allowed confidential details to leak, as it has done many times, and nobody bothers to ask why it keeps happening. Braun was wrong, but so was MLB, but such nuance was beyond most of the board.

To be clear, I've dropped the matter many, many times, but you, LTL and others keep going back to it.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
  6. outofplace

You didn't drag it back up. LTL did. He's still mad he can't find a post with me declaring Braun innocent. Of course, he can't because I never posted one.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm coming around to the idea that Cookie Monster is OOP in disguise.

JC and HanSenSE like this.
  8. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

9. cisforkoke

10. cisforkoke

Drug suspensions are bad for a player's RAW value. They hurt his intangibles.

11. outofplace

Checking to see if that one stuck or ended up as yet another of your steaming piles on the ground?

12. cisforkoke

Draft saved Draft deleted