1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I have wondered what would happen if a guy was trying to steal home, the pitch was a strike, and Rennert did his routine and was looking toward the first-base dugout when the runner came sliding home.
    I've met Rennert and didn't have the guts to ask him. Also, he was a quiet guy who wouldn't give a sample call even after a few pops in a local watering hole.

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I'll take your Rennert and raise you a Tim McClelland.
    Still remember being in Kansas City for the 20th anniversary of the Pine Tar Game. Local radio interview with Brett, and "Tim from Cleveland" calls in. It was McClelland.
    These two start going back and forth, and the announcer asks Brett what was going through his mind when he came barreling hell out of the dugout. "My first thought was to kill him, then I remembered the son of a bitch in front of me is 6'5 and carrying a bat!"

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

It's "ilk." Not "kind." Be selective with your word choice.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. cisforkoke

Arrieta is no longer scattering hits sufficiently to get guaranteed wins. His RAW is starting to decline.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Either is acceptable. You fail again.

6. cisforkoke

Either is acceptable. But your post would have more punch if you said "ilk."

7. outofplace

This from the guy who thinks Jif, Raw and Eh are worthy contributions to SJ.com's discourse. Well, you did it. You finally made me laugh. Sure, it was at your expense, but one such as yourself must be satisfied with baby steps.

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Funny hearing that he was a quiet guy, when part of his schtick was calling a strike loud enough to hear in the next county.
    I remember going to some late 80s Phillies games at the Vet and hearing him plain as day in the 600 level. Granted, the ballpark was probably empty enough to hear a conversation in the dugout if you really listened in, but still.

9. cisforkoke

It's RAW, illiterate one. It's an acronym.

10. outofplace

That's cute. You actually think your failures are worth my time.

11. cisforkoke

12. outofplace

See? Everybody else can do it, too. It is not impressive. Then again, neither is anything else you post.

Draft saved Draft deleted