1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yup. He's a mess this year.

3. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

4. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

Not Gary Sanchez?

5. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Didn't start off a season

6. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to look back and see if anyone here noticed early last year that he was turning back into Baltimore Jake. And if anyone defended him.

7. cjericho

True. Think Kevin Maas also had a similar pace but was in the minors at start of the season, Remember last year, seeing stats comparing Sanchez to Maas. Hope Sanchez and Judge last a little longer than Maas.

8. cjericho

Yes he was terrible last season, bad in the World Series also.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, you've been trolling me with this since you returned. Of course, that discussion was about 2016 season. I never said anything about what he would be in 2017 and I don't remember you doing that, either. So we're back to the same type of deception you used last season.

He wasn't Baltimore Jake last season. He wasn't as good as he had been in 2015, but I said as much all along. I know you want everybody to believe this is a gotcha, but tha simply isn't so.

10. cisforkoke

cisforkoke Well-Known Member

11. Dick Whitman

He was battling hard most of last season, throwing 100 pitches by the fourth or fifth innings most starts. Even early, when his major stats looked OK, he was walking the ballpark.

12. Dick Whitman

Enough about Arrieta, though. Let's talk about baseball's revolutionary new lead off prototype, Kyle Mendoza. I mean Schwarber.

QYFW likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted