1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2017 MLB regular season thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by HanSenSE, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Out 10 weeks, say the Braves.

3. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

Welp, at least the hockey playoffs are still fun to watch.

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Blue Jays suspend Kevin Pillar two games for uttering a "homophobic slur" at a Braves pitcher. Can't remember who. Likely wasn't Dickey though.

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Jason Motte, who quick-pitched him for strike 3.

6. GilGarrido

GilGarrido Active Member

On Monday, Blue Jay pitchers hit five Braves batters. Braves pitchers didn't hit any Blue Jays. On Tuesday, a Blue Jay pitcher hit another Brave. Again, no retaliation. Only on Wednesday, after Freeman was hit (it didn't look intentional), did the Braves retaliate, hitting one Blue Jay, who went calmly to first. Did the Blue Jays set some kind of record - hitting seven players in three games against the same team before anyone on your own team is hit?

Related fun fact: In three games, the Blue Jays have hit Atlanta's starting catcher (twice), first baseman, second baseman, other second baseman (who has also played some short, if we're trying to complete a lineup), third baseman, and right fielder. Seems like they may as well do it right & hit Kemp and Inciarte tonight.

7. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Tonight they hit the pitcher

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

He just needs more at-bats against the White Sox.

speaking of the South Siders, some no-name reliever whom Seattle started in desperation just threw five shutout innings.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

All-American at Oregon State, fifth-round draft pick. Throws strikes, works fast, he was a joy to cover.

Michael_ Gee and I Should Coco like this.
  10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

I stand corrected! :)

Also, the Sox have tied the M's 4-4 in the eighth as Seattle's bullpen continues its recent struggles.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Can't quit watching these videos ...

FileNotFound likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

For whatever reason it takes me back to when I was little bitty shit, maybe 4 or 5, and my father, an offensive tackle, played in an old-timer's football game at our small-town high school. He would have been 27 or 28, working a job-and-a-half, smoking ... not fat but definitely out of shape. He was this giant of a man to me, so I couldn't understand why we had to go pick him up at the doctor's office!

Draft saved Draft deleted