1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Which band director isn't? That dude was great.

2. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

In the first 27 years of the 64/68-team bracket there were four 15 vs. 2 upsets in the tournament. It has now happened seven times in the last 12 years, including each of the last three.
    Might need to start looking at these a little closer moving forward.

da man likes this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

One of Charleston's things is being known as The College. I agree it's dumb, but between The College and calling their home arena The Six and identifying the program as Our City, the last thing Charleston wants to be known as is...Charleston.

4. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

The NCAA will take care of that by expanding the tourney to 96 and making the first round all about the no. 9 vs. the no. 24 seed.

5. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I have convinced myself of this at least once a week since late January and every time the Hogs have promptly flown into a box canyon.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They're playing Kansas tho. and those NBA prospects know everyone will be watching, too. One great game against Kansas is worth a whole bunch of SEC perfs to a NBA scout.

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Seems like just last week people were wondering if Northwestern would EVER get a tourney invite. And now two in six years?

If you had told me some of these teams were "in" and teams like Michigan, North Carolina and Syracuse were out - I wouldn't have believed it.

8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Not sure what the selection committee can do. Not put Ivy League champs on the 15 line?

The top seeds are often bored and externally motivated and the top seed coaches are often too proud to press the shit out of 15 seeds because they don't want to work their players too hard in the opener, or something.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Xavier is playing like garbage fundamentally. Second chance points, sloppy turnovers, not making free throws. Don’t they know they’re my survivor pick today? Clean it up, Musketeers.

10. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Gaels baby!! Kid Mahaney is going to show some “onions!!”

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was just there a month ago, it’s a beautiful old town but damn hard to get there from West Coast.

12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

#CrossThread I love Saint Mary's and the under today. That game might not get out of the 80s combined.

Draft saved Draft deleted