1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

FileNotFound likes this.
  2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Since the wrestling is included here, I've discussed with @jr/shotglass that Penn State's Aaron Brooks, 2x defending national champion, went to my high school, and we had the same high school varsity coach - and I am 58 years old!! Brooks is going for his 3rd NCAA championship this weekend.
    Brooks may be the godliest interview I have ever heard or read. It is all God and in his Glory. Never seen anything like it.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  3. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Is it the same guy? I remember how much publicity he got and figured he could punch a ticket to a social media gig anywhere.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Glad someone got that. Best line of vehicles that do not get the love they richly deserve (keep your pony cars and such …).

One day, I hope they remember to do something with the Z again … I’ve yet to see or test drive the new Z. Bucket list … but they can’t have my current sled for it. Yet.

5. Sam Mills 51

Tony Bennett is at least OK. Yeah, his style isn’t for everyone. Yes, they’ve had a couple of infamous losses in the NCAAs.

But given where that program was for most of its history - save for the four seasons of Ralph Sampson and the season after that, when Olden Polynice helped get them to a Final Four - I think they’ll keep Bennett.

Big Circus and tapintoamerica like this.
  6. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

As much fun as last year was for me, and now Duke is gonna waltz to a title.

I hate everything.

#carolinabluefont

Edit: re-reading this post this morning, I didn't mean to imply sarcasm about Duke. It's poorly written. I do think they will the whole thing.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2023
    franticscribe likes this.
  7. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Memphis is Memphis-ing all over itself.

8. Sam Mills 51

Careful. Overrating Duke will bring out the trolls here …

9. Sam Mills 51

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Is it me, or do Barkley and Kenny the Jet know more college basketball than Kellogg?

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

A Penny for your thoughts?

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I only watched the last 8 minutes of the FDU game.
    You guys keep saying they should have fed the Big Guy. Every time I saw him, a smaller FDU guy was swatting the ball away while Eady kept bring the ball to his waist.

Draft saved Draft deleted