1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s right.

Reese (15), Carson (22), Williams (20), Poole (6) and Poa (6) all transferred to LSU for this season. Morris (21) is a transfer from Texas A&M, but this is her second season at LSU. Johnson (10) and Smith (2) are freshmen.

2. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Without looking it up, was the last one in 1980? Canceled in 1981 because of the Reagan assassination attempt, then they realized they weren't missing anything, so cut it moving forward?

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Bobby Richardson of the Yankees, 1960 WS.

The fact that West was bothered by it is immaterial. If he was the best player, he should have won the award.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

HOW DARE YOU COMMENT ON MY POST WITHOUT COMMENTING ON THE POSTER!

Slaughter sucks so many balls!

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This is going to sound crazy, but Mantle was an underappreciated player in his era. He probably should have won two more MVPs, in 1961 and 1964.

FileNotFound likes this.
  6. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

One of the greatest trash talkers was Steve Smith, who seems so quiet and dignified
    Whe he was with the Heat, Smith guarded Jerry Stackhouse when he was a rookie
    Never said a word to Stack
    But every time Stack got the ball, Smith would talk to Derrick Coleman
    “Derrick, when’s he going left?”
    “Is he ever gonna go left.”
    “Does he go left in practice, Derrick?”
    Stack ended up like 3 for 17

dixiehack likes this.
  7. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

Then there’s Scott Skiles, who had one of the greatest seasons of all time in leading Michigan State to the Sweet 16
    He averaged 27 points a game in the year before the 3 pointer was approved
    It would have been 30 plus a year later
    When they played Michigan, he greeted Antoine Joubert with: “C’mon fat boy, show me what you got.”
    When they beat Georgetown in the NCAAs he brought the ball up upcourt, stopped at the Hoyas bench and yelled at John Thompson: “Don’t you have anybody on your team that can check me?”

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Not sure if this falls under "oranges slices for everybody" or "they both tried so hard,: but ...

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Watching ESPN Daily Wager, you'd think UConn is a combination of Lew Alcindor, Bill Walton, Magic Johnson and Christian Laettner in their collegiate primes. Holy fuck.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Yeah - Dr. Jill. Not a good idea. Not at all. Please don't go Iowa. I hope Clark says "thanks, but we'll see you next year."

11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Iowa needs more transfers than Penn Station to get Clark to the title game.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

She might start a fight with Angel Reese.

Draft saved Draft deleted