1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2022-23 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Neutral Corner, May 6, 2022.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Isn't rush hour about three hours on the West Coast anyway? :)

maumann likes this.
  2. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

I'm accustomed to taking a nap on my couch on Sunday afternoon. Been my ritual for years. Just sayin'....

Cosmo likes this.
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

I just remembered the workout equipment from a few years ago.

4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

5. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's an excellent response.

jr/shotglass, Liut, Hermes and 7 others like this.
  6. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yep, allows everybody a sensible way out.

Liut and MileHigh like this.
  7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Has to be the only coach to win the NCAA title and get fired for not winning enough less than 5 years later. (They cited NCAA violations, but they really whacked him for mediocrity in results.)

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

And by college sports standards, that is actually fairly balanced and competitive.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Clark: Reese flak unfair, WH not for 'runner-ups'

Clark really says all the right things.

"I don't think Angel should be criticized at all," said Clark, who had made the same gesture in the regional final. "I'm just one that competes, and she competed. I think everybody knew there was going to be a little trash talk in the entire tournament. It's not just me and Angel.

"We're all competitive. We all show our emotions in a different way. You know, Angel is a tremendous, tremendous player. I have nothing but respect for her. I love her game -- the way she rebounds the ball, scores the ball, is absolutely incredible. I'm a big fan of her and even the entire LSU team. They played an amazing game."

and

"That's for LSU," Clark told "SportsCenter" on Tuesday. "... They should enjoy every single second of being the champion. I think that's theirs to do.

"I don't think runner-ups usually go to the White House. LSU should enjoy that moment for them. And congratulations, obviously; they deserve to go there. Maybe I could go to the White House [someday] on different terms."

I Should Coco and Gutter like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Jackie Robinson wept.

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Remind me a bit of Nixon declaring Texas the national champions and pissing off Penn State fans.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Can someone explain the "you can't see me" gesture? What does that even mean. Who do these people think can't see them?

Draft saved Draft deleted