1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Might as well start the new one with this

2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

blech.

The team I follow is Rhode Island - Year one of Archie Miller wasn't great, which wasn't really surprising to me. He basically had one decent holdover from the previous season's roster, and basically had to take in anyone with a pulse to fill out the roster. I'm a bit more optimistic for season two, since he and his staff had a full year to scout and recruit. Still, middle of the pack for the A-10 is probably a realistic goal, vs. being a tourney team or anything like that. (They also have the kind of schedule you'd expect for a 9-win team, so they could win 25 games and not really be an at-large team.)

The women's team looks to be as loaded as last year, though. They finished 26-7, including a 14-2 regular season conference title, but flamed out in the A-10 tourney. Its a one-bid league, so, off to the NIT they went. Their schedule looks a bit more robust this year, likely in an attempt to actually get some at-large consideration.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Is it my imagination, or is scheduling taking forever to come out compared to the past? We are 60 days out from opening tip and a lot of the bigger leagues don’t have conference schedules finalized.

BartonK and BurnsWhenIPee like this.
  4. BurnsWhenIPee

BurnsWhenIPee Well-Known Member

Same thought, Dixie.

At the very least, by now it seems like most schools would have released their nonconference schedules, with the "complete conference schedules will be announced in the coming weeks."

5. da man

da man Well-Known Member

They're still trying to figure out who's in their leagues. :)

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Big Ten was supposed to release theirs this week, but nothing yet.

8. dixiehack

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

10. dixiehack

Hard to find a complete list with clean formatting.

11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Fairfield coach Jay Young out. Strange this close to the season. Chris Casey takes over. I think he used to coach at Niagara.

12. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

dixiehack likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted