1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

UAB can get hot and beat a really good team, and UAB can lose to anybody. I don't know much about SDSU, but I remember last year and I do know y'all play tough defense. They'll have to play over their heads to win. That said, we've done it before. That's why they play the games

That bracket is crazy loaded. Good luck to you.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

At which point they won six games in a row and made their conference tournament championship game.

I still can't figure out the love for Dayton, a No. 7? Third-place in the A-10 and winless against the teams that finished higher.

They keep moving the goalposts. But they just won't say, "If you're not a P5 conference you can't be an at-large team with two Q4 losses."

Last edited: Mar 17, 2024
  3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Agreed on Dayton.

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

a) Do they still have that third low-rent tournament below the NIT?

b) If so, will they run out of teams who agree to play in it?

c) If not, will we see our first matchup of four-win teams in a postseason tournament?

5. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

a.) yes and there's two of them this year! The CIT is back!

b.) yes

c.) let's hope!

jr/shotglass likes this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Rick Barnes losing to little ut is a bit on the nose, isn’t it?

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Fixed that.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Say a prayer for the good people of Spokane, who have Alabama, Auburn and UAB all coming to town. And the Aubies are already being pissy little bitches about their seeding.

Batman and franticscribe like this.
  10. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Total bullshit. Buffs clearly should have been in with their finish and strong NET. Michigan State is a laundry/legacy/keep their tournament streak alive pick.

11. Noholesin1

Noholesin1 Active Member

I'm filled with delight that Rick Pitino is sulking and pouting. That's a great message to leave with your players: When life gives you lemons, take your ball and go home.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

On the women's side, which looks like it was taped/revealed four days ago, LSU-Iowa could be in a regional final. LSU-South Carolina could be in a national final.

As always, F Kim Mulkey.

Draft saved Draft deleted