1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

A lot of them just need to know their place, Poin.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I don't care at all how much money she makes. I also don't care if it has turned her into even more of an insufferable diva and prima donna, which appears to be the case.

franticscribe likes this.
  3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

My apologies if I saw this here and not Twitter, but someone had a great line that said she looks like she's always at 99 dalmatians.

4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

You typed "money" in your post.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yes, I did. My original post was ""No, money and fame won't change me a bit," which is often a go-to line from ordinary people who suddenly have much more money and notoriety that they are used to. Nowhere did I say I cared how much money she made. Nowhere.

It appears money and fame has changed Ms. Reese - a relative nobody to anyone but a fervent fan of women's basketball before last year's NCAA tournament - wouldn't you agree?

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yeah, I have no idea if she has changed. I do know if she's on the opposite side of Kim Mulkey on an issue, I'd take Angel's side.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

What’s-Her-Name the LSU gymnast is another one who can’t attend class the normal way due to her celebrity level.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  8. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Even by the standards of high-profile MAGAts (or MAGAts at all). Mulkey is a vile, vile human being.

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Joe Burrow did all his LSU classes online too for the hot minute he was enrolled.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The fascinating thing about LSU is that the president is Black and an epidemiologist. Normally, you'd think a statement dismissing the utility of vaccines would bug the president of the university, but I suspect it won't be met with any reaction.

11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

It's definitely a different wrinkle to an age-old story of a sports ball coach running the show. Remember when Coach K flirted with the Lakers the day Duke announced its new president?

12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yep. I was there. Quite the scene.

Draft saved Draft deleted