1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

That too

2. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I don’t know who’s advising Caitlin Clark, but good on them.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

How about if it is a double digit lead under 60 seconds we don’t review the clock any more and nobody counts it off on your referee evaluation?

FileNotFound and HanSenSE like this.
  4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Beth Mowins is in full yell.

5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

ABC/ESPN executives will be jumping off buildings if either A. Clark gets hurt or B. Iowa loses.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

It's terrible; I'm a horrendous person. But I find it very tough to enjoy a game with Beth Mowins on the mic.

7. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

The writer advocates the automatic bid going to the tournament, IF a second team wins the tournament they also get in.

I would change that a bit. I would expand the field to 96 from 68 but eliminate the NIT. I would give two automatic bids to each of the 32 conferences. One for the designated regular season winner and one for the tournament winner. This way there would be a reward for the school that wins its league.

There are usually about 10 multi bid leagues. So inviting two schools from each conference would inviting 22 additional schools would absorb about 22 of the 28 slots so six more at large schools make it in.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

MUTE is my friend.
    And yes you are. The kittehs agree with Chef.

9. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

I starting using mute when I reached by Kevin Harlan breaking point. I have found it addictive and now use it almost exclusively.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

See. I used to think that way about him. His deal is he has to be with competent people. Bonner and Van Gundy are very smart basketball people, so Kevin lets them talk. He’s actually very very good on radio broadcasts.

11. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

This Gonzaga-Kansas game is the one I most want to see, but I’ll be flipping to the Caitlin Clark Invitational during every men’s game commercial break.

12. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I used to love Nantzy. Enough already. You have 5 generations worth of money. Tell someone no.

Draft saved Draft deleted