1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think the surviving members of the 1973-74 Maryland and UCLA teams could have played a better game than the 2023 Bruins-Terps did tonight. Watched the second half of tonight's game and it was absolutely brutal. Maryland was up 20, went 10 minutes without a basket while the lead was cut to 2, then held on. Staggeringly horrible basketball.

2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

What do you expect from a conference game right before Christmas?

maumann likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Maryland won with that insane drought from the field, got no points from its bench, had two players foul out and still won. Bizarre. One of the foul-outs played 4 minutes.

4. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I know the Heat wore almost an identical version of these jerseys, but I’m digging FAU and the Miami Vice look. Oh yeah, they can play a little bit too.

maumann likes this.
  5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

That FAU-Arizona game was as good as you’ll see all year.

da man and Hermes like this.
  6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

After 8 minutes when it was 17-3 Cats…..if you would have told me that FAU was going to come back and win…..well I wouldn’t have believed you.

Head of Sports Page after those unis and that win…..Miami Nice

7. micropolitan guy

I don't know but this was not a conference game. The Pac-12 isn't dead yet.

8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Maybe Santa will put some more blue font in my stocking.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

From Seth Davis: Illinois All America candidate Terrence Shannon Jr has been suspended from the program following an arrest on rape charges, per release from the school. The school has been aware of a police investigation that began in late September.

10. micropolitan guy

Saw LeBron's kid play tonight. Very fundamentally sound, shared the ball, hustled on D and showed some range while not taking bad shots. He learned well. Too bad he plays for Andy Enfield, who will totally waste his talents.

He won't be a college star at the highest level but he'll be a wonderful complementary piece. If he played in a system with some discipline he would really flourish. If he played in the MAAC or Southern or Big South or Horizon he'd average 20 points a game and be the focal point.

The talent differential between USC and Oregon State is staggering. Yet OSU ran them off the floor, leading at one point by 23 and winning by 16. Enfield is a whiny baby stealing money and for the life of me I can't understand why USC keeps extending him.

I Should Coco likes this.
  11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Followed by FAU's second mind blowing loss of the season to Florida Gulf Coast. I started to call it an inexplicable loss, but FAU shot 4-20 from three and went 16 of 27 from teh free throw line, and that explains a four point loss rather handily.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Adding insult to injury yesterday, Florida State lost a buy game at home to Lipscomb.

Draft saved Draft deleted