1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Halftime of my game so I flipped over to the CW for my first peek at their ACC package. Is this being shot with a potato?

Batman likes this.
  2. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Really pleased with the toughness UNC played with today, beating Clemson on the road in a noon tip. A brawl of a game, Bacot was a bruiser, and loved when Ingram was beaten twice for a rebound on one possession 2 minutes into the second half and Hubert immediately hooked him and had him sit.

Then Ingram comes back and plays a nice rest of the half after returning. Great to see from him. I don't know how far UNC can go, but it's a likable team for alumni.

3. dixiehack

Down to a pair of undefeated teams with James Madison going down. And Ole Miss is a steep underdog in Knoxville at the top of the hour.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

If you squint while listening, Dane Bradshaw sounds just like Chris Collinsworth.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Vols hand Chris Beard his first loss as Ole Miss head coach in a blow-out. Don’t tell @BTExpress but this looks like the first Final Four team in program history.

6. dixiehack

Digger Phelps is courtside at Notre Dame and looks like he couldn’t identify his current location in 10 tries.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Doyel is having a bad night.

8. dixiehack

Houston getting introduced to the realities of Big 12 life in a nail biter at Hilton. At least the 76 Hoosiers might still have a good night.

9. dixiehack

Iowa State wins. No more unbeatens.

10. dixiehack

Down goes No. 1 and No. 2 on the same night.

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He’s entering Joe Schad — “Please run the ball, please don’t lose so I have to go to Kansas City in the cold” territory.

12. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

How wild is it that the two most recognizable faces in college basketball are women (Reese, Clark)?

I am a casual college basketball fan - who is the most recognizable man? The big oaf from Purdue who loses big games?

Draft saved Draft deleted