1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yeah, they are.

My post was that Clark loses "big games" too, the thing you say Edney is known for.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Caitlin Clark scored a game-high 30 points setting a new record for points scored in a single NCAA tournament.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Edey, not Edney, is a big lumbering oaf.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

A player is going to be remembered far differently for coming up short in the national championship versus being the focal point of a team that gacks up a 1-16 upset.

5. micropolitan guy

True. A game in which he had 21 points, 15 rebounds and three blocked shots.

He's not as popular as Clark. Got it.

6. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Honestly, the whole Drew Timme arc soured me on Edey's future. And that might not be fair at all. But if Timme's physical limitations are keeping him in the G-League -- and, I mean, nobody took him seriously before he was "farmed out" -- how can I see more coming for Edey, who is really limited?

sgreenwell likes this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

He's a fascinating pro prospect to me. I'm positive that the Stupid Uncle argument for him will be "Well Nicola Jokic is big and slow too y'know!!!", which overlooks that Edey's athleticism stats (rebounds, blocks, steals) range from meh to slightly good for a 7'4" guy. Is he like a good Boban in the league? Enes Kanter Freedom, where he puts up fine offensive stats but gets shredded on D? I doubt his ability to defend anyone decent on pick and rolls. I'd be curious for the defensive splits against him right now, which is probably proprietary info that Purdue and pro teams might have access to, but I don't know if its available elsewhere.

8. micropolitan guy

Totally ticky-tack foul at the buzzer call on Tulane gives FAU 3-shots and the win. I'm not happy about that call if I'm Tulane.

9. micropolitan guy

Utah is absolutely destroying UCLA, leading by 29 in the second half, 58-29.

10. micropolitan guy

It's now 82-35. Incredible, probably the worst UCLA loss in history.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

We sure Gonzaga would get an at large this year? They’ve still got a trip to Rupp Arena but not much meat on their resume and fading against Santa Clara.

I Should Coco likes this.
  12. micropolitan guy

90-44 final in SLC.

Draft saved Draft deleted