1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

‘Bama’s Oates shoving a Mizzou player should have been punched in the throat. Hard.

Murder apologist motherfucker.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I don’t see how anybody ever wins a Big 12 road game. Every night is a knife fight in a ditch.

(Offer not valid in Stillwater.)

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Three teams left in Division I that are winless against DI competition: Mississippi Valley State (0-17), Detroit Mercy (0-18), and VMI (0-14). Detroit at least gets to play IUPUI at home. The Delta Devils will probably stumble into some home win in the SWAC. VMI? Looks kind of hopeless. Keydets' last three losses were by 22 to Mercer, 48 to Chattanooga and 38 to Samford. I don't think there's a win on the schedule. The SoCon is pretty decent overall.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

franticscribe likes this.
  5. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Coach pretty much backed him up. Aside from the obligatory "Do we like that we got technicals and that DJ Horne was waving (waving??)? No" he adds that "Our guys are fighters. We aren't going to be pushed around."

6. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

Western Illinois has won nine straight men's basketball games. Counting the 2018 season, the football program has won nine total games.

I Should Coco and Liut like this.
  7. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This is a seemingly bizarre story - TCU had a player with a torn ACL, but 9 players logged minutes in their last game against Texas. It doesn't seem like it would necessarily be a Covid thing, because they cancelled their next two games.

TCU women lack enough players, cancel 2 games

8. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

It has to be COVID / illness releated?? You can't claim to have at least nine healthy players after a Saturday game and then on game day Wedneday morning say you don't have enough to play.

9. sgreenwell

I guess, but they canceled two games, with the second coming on Saturday. Unless the whole team has Covid, that seems strange! Plus at this point, it's plausible that some of them could have cleared the protocol by Saturday.

10. Della9250

the game on Saturday is a road game, so I could see them say they were worried about traveling and then being not able to play once they got there and waste everyone’s time.

I’d be pissed if I was Kansas State to travel and then have this happen.

sgreenwell likes this.
  11. Della9250

They are holding walk on tryouts the next two days. Grades? Mutiny? They don’t play until Tuesday so there’s not going to be enough my then?

sgreenwell likes this.
  12. sgreenwell

That was kind of my thought, because also if it was a team-wide illness, you probably just come out and say that in a press release.

Draft saved Draft deleted