1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Get your cheap shoes off of our court!"

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Sit down, Norm!

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sweat Bruce Sweat!

4. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

I played this out in my mind. And I can just see firing a two-hand chest pass into the belly of the opposing coach, drawing the T, hitting the foul shots, returning to the bench and hearing my own coach say, "Well, I hope you know you just kept me from stepping onto the court the rest of the year."

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. dixiehack

Wake me when you get to the downside.

sgreenwell and micropolitan guy like this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

And now we know why the media is no longer courtside.

7. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm thinking about five mornings running the arena steps at 6 a.m.

I know you folks give more thought to consequences in real life than you let on here. ;)

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Or, ASU might have won a game it lost by two points, and little prick Hurley might have been happy.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

98.758 percent of the time, your own coach doesn't waltz around out on the court while the ball is in play nearly as much as Pitino, Mulkey and Izzo do, so most likely they'll be thrilled to pick up the points on the technical. And they ain't gonna make you run the arena steps at 6 am, either. What for, cause you hurt Kim Mulkey's feelings? You made Tom Izzo have a sad?? They can sit on the bench and stay on the sidelines and follow the rules just like everybody else.

11. dixiehack

I’ve got to think there is a solid percentage of coaches who wander onto the court because “the other guy’s doing it” and think they have have to follow suit or risk being seen as passive and not getting their share of calls, plus having the alumni up their ass any time there’s a loss for “never showing passion.” So an event so egregious it sparks a nationwide crackdown could be quite welcome.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

It's territorial pissing. It's making sure your constant kvetching to the refs (which pretty much all the court-creeping coaches do) gets noticed.

So yeah, if you're the opposing coach, you almost have to do something to keep up.

Draft saved Draft deleted