1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

I'm sure the Hoosier faithful are dealing with that stat rationally.

On an unrelated note, what's Woodson's buyout?

2. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

This game has me questioning why I am even a fan. It was one of the most unreal things I have ever seen, and against a team I dislike the most.

CSU seems really good this year, but they just have no toughness, and definitely not on the mental side.

So many things had to happen for this to occur and of course they all did and then some. There was a very bad call that gave Wyoming the ball to cut it to seven. Wyoming tried to steal the ball on the inbound but when they got control was out of bounds and the ref gave them the timeout. It wasn't reviewed, and there are questions if it should have been or can be, and that obviously would have made it very difficult for Wyoming to win if the ball stayed with CSU.

That said, the missed free throw and following three-pointer was on the front end of a 1-and-1 with one of CSU's best shooters. Make both the game is probably over. Wyoming missed free throws on purpose twice to get the ball back in the last 10 seconds and got the ball back both times. When it was completely obvious they were going to do it. How does that happen?

Just a miserable, miserable experience on the other end of this. So ridiculous.

For those who follow, CSU started this season incredibly good, and it was a legit start, and was ranked as high as 13th twice. Now can't sniff a road win in the MW and freaking blew an 11-point lead with a minute left against a rival. I want to maintain hope, but how do you after that?

And this has pretty much been the type of thing CSU has given me over and over as a fan for the last 30 years.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Dalton Knecht, who again went 30+ on the road, is the Hendon Hooker of UT basketball. I just hope he doesn’t have the same fate.

BTExpress likes this.
  4. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

“It’s not 1981, dumbass!” is how the rational faithful expressed her concern in my household.

franticscribe and dixiehack like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

UAB - Memphis is a pretty good game.

6. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

Apparently a shitton

So that's $4.2 million a year, reportedly, through 2027. And unless something changed from the original contract Woodson signed with the school, his buyout before April 1, 2025 is 100 percent of the money left on his deal.

franticscribe likes this.
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Two schools named Texas A&M are playing each other tonight yet one isn't actually Texas A&M.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

They are.

9. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It's A&M's for-profit arm.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Such a shame that Memphis has lost three straight.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Yeah, I really hate it for them. They may not be the most obnoxious fans in college sports, but they're somewhere near the top.

12. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Last night featured some really strange lines that I was able to take advantage of, most notably Tennessee being favored by 14 over a good South Carolina team and a top-10 Marquette team being a road dog against a struggling Villanova squad. I've watched a fair bit of the Gamecocks this season and there was no reason that line should have been that high. Maybe 7.5, but certainly not 14.

Draft saved Draft deleted