1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

I think they need six more regular-season wins to feel comfortable (particularly since it seems like the field is mostly set before the conference tournaments). That would put them at 22-9. My wild-ass guess is that they fall one win short of that (I've got the losses coming to UNC, Duke, FSU, and the Hokies) and will need a run to the ACCT final to get in.

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

If you’re right, they’ll be excluded while 13-7 in the ACC. That would have sounded absurd just a few years ago. But no longer.
    In 2022, Wake Forest was 13-7 and left out. In 2023, Clemson was 14-6 in the regular season and added a third win over NC State during the conference tournament. But they were left out in favor of the Wolfpack because they lost to University-6. One bad loss invalidated three seemingly relevant wins.
    The ACC is no longer revered. It does not get the benefit of the doubt.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

All right-thinking people are K-State fans tonight.

Pilot likes this.
  5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Preach!

6. dixiehack

Every Poster A Wildcat

Pilot and TigerVols like this.
  7. swingline

8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I need to know what the K-State equipment guy used to get that blood out of that kid's jersey instantly. Holy shit, that was the most amazing thing I saw in that game.

9. swingline

Super DNA-altering Oxy Clean. Wow!

tapintoamerica and da man like this.
  10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

I believe it was peroxide.

11. dixiehack

Obscure bracketology question: Do No. 2 seeds automatically get placed into the closest available city, or do they have some flexibility in where they pick? I’m thinking of Tennessee, which figures to be in that range. Do they get sent to Charlotte (roughly 240 miles from Knoxville) or stay in state and go to Memphis (390 miles)?

If Alabama finishes strong and gets sent to Memphis, that becomes a very doable trip for me. But chances are they won’t be there if the Vols are, so I’m reluctant to pounce on tickets.

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Last time Tennessee was a No. 2 seed, they got sent to Columbus, Ohio.

Only closer place was Columbia, S.C., but No. 1 Virginia got sent there.

Draft saved Draft deleted