1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Someone at some point will dethrone Colgate in the Patriot League. But not until someone comes to their senses and finally pries Matt Langel away. Toothpaste U rolls past Lehigh to win its fourth straight title.

2. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Oh, I get it. Colgate.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

I don't even know if they're connected! Probably. But the easy lame Dad joke was just sitting there so I hit the layup. :D

Batman likes this.
  4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't lump us all in ... I seriously liked the guy. Still do. Doing excellent work at Santa Clara ... and wonder what might have been, to be rather blunt.

That's a big part of it.

The fans never stopped griping about the modified Princeton offense. Thing is, while it rarely worked to near-perfection, it was effective enough ... and when it was really going, no one could do against it. Watched them cut up some good Duke and Chapel Hill teams. Also, Herb wasn't demonstrative. NCSU fans want Ickey Woods or Chad Johnson after scoring a touchdown. Sendek was Barry Sanders - I love that but obviously many others who wear red (for sports purposes, not political) don't agree. The other coaches were brash. Sendek was quiet and thoughtful.

Also, to further franticscribe's point, there's very few so-called NCSU fans who don't bang the "he didn't beat Duke and Carolina enough" drum until the head needs replacing or the tip of the stick finally snaps off. 1) What's "enough"? 2) What planet do your really reside? and 3) Other than Gary Williams - for a short spell; Leonard Hamilton - for a short spell; and Tony Bennett - for a short spell; who does beat them "enough."?

The fan base's constant complaining about Sendek – plus their wanderlust toward what the other blue schools in the Triangle were doing - is a constant sticking point. IMO, it boils down to worrying about yourself. Also, as I have said before - and will repeat - NCSU has maybe the second-worst inferiority complex of any school in Division I (and I am familiar with the worst offender ... they somehow manage to stoop even lower on a consistent basis. Amazing but true).

franticscribe and UNCGrad like this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Is the James kid for Cincinnati really named Jizzle?

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fo shizzle

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Tony Bennett has held his own against Duke and Carolina for more than a short time. It's been a decade now.

dixiehack likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

DePaul and Mizzou both leading in the second half after going 0-fer in conference play.

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Villanova on the verge of the worst loss of the year.

10. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

Relegate DePaul to Division 7,000,000.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Of all the DePaul endings, that’s the DePaul-iest.

franticscribe likes this.
  12. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

That is how you go 3-29. Complete fucking chaos those last two trips.

Draft saved Draft deleted