1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2023-24 NCAA Basketball Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Della9250, Sep 7, 2023.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

And now Mizzou is about to spit the bit too. Losers lose.

TigerVols likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Perfectly stated.
    Their interim coach said something like, "I'm grateful for our guys playing a 40-minute game."
    When competing for 40 minutes compels gratitude from the coach, you know things haven't been going well.
    Somehow, I'm sure Villanova willl jump six spots in the NET and KenPom and that Joe Lunardi will have them moving up a seed line.
    Lunardi's advocacy for Nova and St. John's is fascinating.

3. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

I certainly agree Nova won't be penalized by the committee for this embarrassing win. But I was going to come here and say I'd bet KenPom drops them b/c he's been good this year about punishing teams for embarrassing wins...and that was before I saw they're down SIX spots at the moment. That's incredible for a team in the top 40 the weekend before Selection Sunday.

4. dixiehack

The Barclays Center does the best job of any arena at keeping the seating area so dark you can’t tell if there are a ton of empty seats.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No. 1 seeds Richmond and Toledo go out in their respective quarterfinals today.

6. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

Toledo, the regular-season MAC champ for the fourth straight year, does its annual choke job at the conference tournament against the usual suspect, Kent State. Of the four straight regular-season titles, they only make the conference title game once.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm doing myself a favor and staying away from the idiot board today. I'll thank myself later for not reading all the "fire the coach" comments from sideline coaches who forgot we were picked to finish 11th in the A-10.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2024
    Neutral Corner likes this.
  8. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I just found out from watching a few minutes of the Southland championship game yesterday that McNeese State is 30-3. Not a bad season for the boys from Lake Chuck!

9. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

And there always are! Just a weird, terrible place to watch a ballgame. Any ballgame.

10. dixiehack

The Adidas postseason warmup shirts give off a strong family reunion at Six Flags vibe.

IMG_5275.jpeg

2muchcoffeeman, Chef2, John and 3 others like this.
  11. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

St. John's routs Seton Hall and Rick Pitino all but officially just became the first coach to lead six teams to the NCAA Tournament. At some point around 2030, if we're all still here, he'll become the seventh.

12. dixiehack

I think the play by play guy at the MAC tournament is literally falling asleep at the mic. If he had taken any longer to remember the team in red was Miami you’d swear he was a presidential candidate.

Draft saved Draft deleted