1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running 2024 golf thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by playthrough, Jan 2, 2024.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Tiger, the Tour and the Saudis are meeting in NYC starting today and reportedly for multiple days. So unless they're taking tomorrow off, yep, that's a Saudi meeting in NYC on 9/11.

The tone-deafness just never ceases to amaze, doesn't it?

Report: Tiger Woods, PGA Tour Officials Meeting With Saudi PIF in New York

2. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When they fly into New York this time, at least they won't literally fly into New York this time.

So that's progress.

4. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Grossly tone-deaf and terrible optics. Nothing new for the Tour, though.

MileHigh likes this.
  5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Not exactly great optics for Tiger either, he who hosted a PGA Tour stop in DC and made a big to-do about the tournament celebrating and supporting the military.

MileHigh likes this.
  6. MileHigh

Literally hundreds of other places for this to take place.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Totally believable. They're all whores for the money.

MileHigh likes this.
  8. MileHigh

Yup. I guess Shanksville wasn't available.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Contrary to earlier reports, Tiger is not involved in the meetings in person. Was in NYC today for a tournament for his foundation, then hopped the jet back to Florida. So if anyone asks him, he can go all shrug-emoji and say "I wasn't meeting on 9/11." Savvy.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Been to Shanksville.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I've been to the School Book Depository in Dallas (Kennedy), the Lorraine Motel in Memphis (Dr. King), Ground Zero and Ford's Theater. Nothing shook me more than that pasture in Pennsylania.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Why do we play this frustrating game?? I hit 10 greens in regulation yesterday on a tough course, all 4 par 3s, made a sandy par, and still shot a mediocre round (84 which could have been 76) because I shanked/skulled/chili dipped 5 chips (2 triples and 2 doubles). Only time I got up and down was with a hybrid. Man I am like a 3 yr old anywhere but in the bunker. I'd rather be in the bunker than 4 ft off the green in the rough. I've got to find the solution (I used to love being creative, somehow have sunk to this lowest of low points.) Anyone got any solutions?

maumann likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted