1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running College Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by longjumper42, Nov 13, 2006.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Take that back or go to your room, Gopher Boy.

2. what a fucking waste of time and money that would be. a bunch of unskilled and uneducated major junior washout hacks against legitimate north american citizens who will be assets to the job market outside of the sport of hockey if they aren't succeeding in the A or show? you must be kidding. stick to losing 10-1 to lake state or ferris, that's all your fucking good for.

3. i'm glad to hear people talking about trivial bullshit like the no dak nick and fucking concession fair at that dump in minneapolis because the ccha is retaking the nation by storm.

miami has the best team in perhaps ever, nd is stronger, msu and scum are at the top of their game and bowling fucking green has a "to-do" list like steve buschemi in "happy gilmore."

i.e YOU ARE ALL FUCKED and ferris sucks goat balls. the latter is an obvious fact of life.

4. obviously wcha ball sucking homer can't get over the fact that a ccha is the dominant league this year.

did the wcha have a team in the final last year? you don't say. not even a second place finish? shut up.

i'm eagerly awaiting your response. take your time.

5. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Someone was drunk and took a big-sized crap on this thread, which had been sparkling clean before.

6. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I never thought we'd have a flame war on this thread, but, damn, Jimmy.

In your mind, Michigan State winning last year has really shifted the landscape that much, eh? Of course, for the past DECADE, the national finals have been almost exclusively a WCHA-HE affair.

1997 North Dakota 6–4 Boston University Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
    1998 Michigan 3–2 (OT) Boston College Boston, MA FleetCenter
    1999 Maine 3–2 (OT) New Hampshire Anaheim, CA Arrowhead Pond
    2000 North Dakota 4–2 Boston College Providence, RI Providence Civic Center
    2001 Boston College 3–2 (OT) North Dakota Albany, NY Pepsi Arena
    2002 Minnesota 4–3 (OT) Maine Saint Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center
    2003 Minnesota 5–1 New Hampshire Buffalo, NY HSBC Arena
    2004 Denver 1–0 Maine Boston, MA FleetCenter
    2005 Denver 4–1 North Dakota Columbus, OH Value City Arena
    2006 Wisconsin 2–1 Boston College Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center

WCHA-7 (including one year it had all of the Frozen Four teams and five consecutive championships)
    HE - 2
    CCHA - 1

That, as they say, is scoreboard.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Oh sure. Go back far enough to ignore the previous six seasons where the CCHA won four of six... fanboy penile implant...

1991 Northern Michigan 8–7 (3OT) Boston University St. Paul, MN St. Paul Civic Center
    1992 Lake Superior State 5–3 #Wisconsin Albany, NY Knickerbocker Arena
    1993 Maine 5–4 Lake Superior State Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
    1994 Lake Superior State 9–1 Boston University Saint Paul, MN Saint Paul Civic Center
    1995 Boston University 6–2 Maine Providence, RI Providence Civic Center
    1996 Michigan 3–2 (OT) Colorado College Cincinnati, OH Riverfront Coliseum

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Which still leaves the score:

WCHA 7

CCHA 5

HE 4

It's probably also worth noting that two of the four CCHA wins are from teams that used to be WCHA affiliates.

Except for any that Alabama is currently claiming.

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

BU-BC on ESPNU now.

BC up 3-0, just scored on a shorthanded breakaway, 11 minutes left in the first period.

10. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Hey, Mankato! Fear The Gopher!

11. accguy

accguy Member

Regarding that CCHA list, was Northern Michigan still in the WCHA in '91 when they won that title?

I can't remember exactly when they made that move.

12. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

WCHA. Went back to CCHA mid to late '90's I think.

Draft saved Draft deleted