1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running College Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by longjumper42, Nov 13, 2006.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

OK my interest in hockey pretty much begins and ends with the Preds...so I come in ignorance to ask, will Nashville native Blake Geoffrion be on the Preds next season, and can he get them past the first round for a change?

2. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

I love that Geoffrion keeps getting referred to as a Nashville native as if that's most interesting part of his upbringing. That's all fine and good, but, Preds fans should be more interested in the fact that he'll be a fourth-generation NHLer with a grandfather and great-grandfather in the Hockey Hall of Fame. That's pretty cool. Even the announcers during the regional overlooked this and instead chalked up up his Tennessee heritage as proving the growth of hockey in the U.S.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Go Badgers!

After typing that, I have to include this:

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

That was, without a doubt, the most entertainment Minnesota hockey has provided all season.

5. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Thanks for answering the question.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Thanks for showing up Badgers.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

BC completely busted the doors down ...
    I was watching Wisconsin-RIT on Thursday and thinking, so, is Wisconsin's passing this good or is RIT seriously helping the cause?

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

True.

Hey Bucky, I tried to help.

TigerVols, I don't know enough about the Boom Boom kid to give an opinion, but keep an eye on Zach Budish at Minnesota. He could be a second or third line guy for Nashville down the road. Tough kid. He needs to step up next year for that to happen, but I think he can.

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

because this thread needs resurrected, with the start of the league playoffs ...

Outgoing Michigan State coach Rick Comley involved in a post-game shoving match at Alaska.

http://newsminer.com/view/full_story/12199390/article-Retiring-Michigan-State-coach-Rick-Comley-under-scrutiny-for-alleged-shoving-match?instance=home_sports_bullets

10. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ah geez.

Wasn't there, but I am behind Rick with this one. No way in hell he did this...just off the many years of covering him and knowing his demeanor.

11. derwood

derwood Active Member

http://www.uscho.com/2011/03/16/as-big-ten-prepares-to-announce-plan-ccha-wcha-commissioners-look-forward/

12. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

This has been anticipated for a while now with the nearing birth of Penn State's hockey programs. You'll see the WCHA and the CCHA shrink because of the BTHC ... but it will actually help the parity of those leagues (save for Michigan Tech in the WCHA, a program that is almost a lost cause).

With the naissance of the BTHC, here's another question. Will Alabama-Huntsville remain independent or finally gain affiliation with the CCHA?

Draft saved Draft deleted