1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running College Hockey Thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by longjumper42, Nov 13, 2006.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

The Denver-Western replay (!) was on this afternoon at the house where my grandson had his 3rd birthday party – the home of one of his other sets of grandparents. I was puzzled why, but one of the guys on my son-in-law's side plays/played at Alabama-Huntsville. I'm not sure any of us realized it was a replay, though.

2. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

If there's any interest whatsoever, Michigan plays Minnesota-Duluth for the national title Saturday in St. Paul.

Michigan beating North Dakota - the heavy favorite entering the Frozen Four - was a bit of a shocker.

Oh, and the Hobey Baker Award is being presented tonight. Two of the three finalists - Cam Atkinson and Andy Miele - have already turned pro.

3. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

The Michigan-North Dakota game was the textbook example of the benefit of having the Hot Goalie. Shawn Hunwick, who's 5-foot-6 and looks like a 12-year-old playing with adults, made some out-of-his-mind saves last night. North Dakota outshot Michigan 40-20.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Go Blue?

Go Bulldogs?

Hmmm..

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Your favorite bar was packed out last night....

6. Machine Head

The pizza was much, much better the next time around..

7. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure they have to travel to Cedar Rapids to the CR Ice Arena, right next door to good old Kingston Stadium.

8. Machine Head

Made my choice.

Since I'm going to be at a gathering hosted by a UMD hockey alum who will have the game on somewhere in the house, I will root for Michigan. I played hockey with the guy and it wouldn't be any fun if I didn't tweak him a little.

I also just happen to have some Michigan merch I can wrap up as a host gift. I am evil.

Rosie, forgive me.

Go Blue!

9. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

Minnesota-Duluth 2, Michigan 2 - going into the third period

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Michigan can't stay out of the penalty box... bastards

11. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

And Minnesota-Duluth can't put away the power-play chances. That's how the Bulldogs killed Notre Dame on Thursday.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

And another penalty

Draft saved Draft deleted