1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running MCU thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Dec 11, 2020.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

Ep. 6: been interesting reading up about this character

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I've really enjoyed this season, but I do think they repeated one of the mistakes from Season 1. They left too much to do in the finale.

3. spikechiquet

Just finished ep 1 of Echo. Pretty much could have been called "Prologue" instead of "Chafa"

Curious if all Spotlight branded Marvel stuff will be this slow to start.

4. outofplace

I'm two episodes in and it's just okay. If the show really had its hooks in me, I'd have finished it already. It looks like things will finally kick into gear in the third episode. The action beats are good and I like how they depict the way Maya senses the world, but the character just isn't that compelling. At least it is better than Secret Invasion.

spikechiquet likes this.
  5. spikechiquet

I finished the second ep last night and I'll eventually get to it, but yeah, I would have blown thru it all by now if I found it compelling.

6. outofplace

I finished Echo. It was good, but not great. Maya Lopez grew on me as a character, but I'm not sure I like how they changed her from the comics. D'Onofrio's take on the Kingpin is just amazing. I found out after the fact that the series was supposed to run six episodes, but was cut to five and it shows in the final two feeling rushed. Ultimately, I thought it was comparable to Hawkeye.

7. outofplace

Marvel, please don't screw this up.

Batman likes this.
  8. outofplace

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/fantastic-four-movie-cast-1235213252/
    Marvel announced the cast for The Fantastic Four movie, which is scheduled for July 2025.

Pedro Pascal will be Reed Richards, which seems against type, but I guess the lead in Last of Us and The Mandalorian weren't enough. Vannessa Kirby will play Sue Strom, Ebon Moss-Bachrach (Richie on The Bear) is Ben Grimm, and some kid I've never heard of is Johnny Storm.

John Krasinski should have been Mr. Fantastic in more than a cameo, but all that really matters is coming up with a decent script and not screwing up Dr. Doom.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2024
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Joseph Quinn played Eddie Munson in Stranger Things.

10. outofplace

I did look him up after I posted that, but I didn't watch the fourth season, which was the only one with him in it. Also, I doubt he's going to keep that hair to play Johnny Storm. :)

11. outofplace

Yes, it is weird that some of the voice actors are back and others aren't. Yes, the final season was a toxic mix of terrible scripts and even worse animation. I don't care. I'm still very excited to see this. For those who don't know, this is a continuation of the X-Men animated series from the '90s. It picks up right where the original left off, with Xavier near death and leaving with the Shi'ar so they can heal him. The original series cost me a great deal of money over the years. I watched other shows and read the occasional comic, but it was this show that fully drew me in to comics and later all things MCU.

Edit: I did a little more reading and discovered that is actually Cal Dodd, the original voice of Wolverine, in the new series. He sounds different, but I guess 30 years will do that to you. The major new voices are Ray Chase as Cyclops and Matthew Waterson as Magneto. That surprised me because Chase sounded like the guy who played Cyclops in the original series, Norm Spencer, who has since died. I had forgotten that they also moved some actors around, bringing them back for the new series, but in different roles.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I still remember the theme music. And even then I was like "Who the fuck is Jubilee?"

Draft saved Draft deleted