1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running Mea Culpa thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Oct 7, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. Despite my earlier accusations, even though you smelt it, I know you did not dealt it. In fact, though I denied it, I indeed supplied it.

2. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

If we are doing that, i thought Browning Nagle was going to be great. also, thought the same thing about Todd Marinovich (after his first start with the raiders).

3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

My recollection of Browning Nagle was he and Johnny Mitchell both looked like they were going to be yuge stars after one game.

The Jets had too many high-round busts in that slice of time (the Coslet years) and that was what led them to really bottom out under Kotite.

The Jets were still running two-tight-end sets into the new millennium.

cyclingwriter2 likes this.
  4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I regret not calling the newspaper consultant an out-0f-touch idiot.

OscarMadison and Slacker like this.
  6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I told my wife on New Year’s Eve that there was no way 2020 could be any worse than 2019.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I thought Norman was such a lock in ‘96 went to a hike with my fiancé (now wife) instead, then had to relive it on my VHS tape. That was as much of a lock as I’ve ever seen.

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Wilting Matilda.

Draft saved Draft deleted