1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week XVI thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 21, 2006.

1. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Can someone with good information tell me just what a Titans' fan must be rooting for at this point? Though the game hasn't been over long, I only have a few tidbits on what they need. It appears that Jacksonville has the tie-breaker, so I assume Tennessee needs to beat New England and then get a Jaguars loss. But what about the rest of the AFC? I believe that only one team will be at 9-7 after today. That leaves the Titans tied with several teams at 8-7.

I sure hope they make it. As a fan, I haven't watched much football for the past few years. But this sudden burst by Tennessee is magical. They richly deserve a shot at this point.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

They're all vulnerable if you want to look at it that way, suburbia.

Ravens too up-and-down and suspect offense, anyway. Colts' run defense is awful, allowing teams to control the ball and keep it out of Peyton's hands. Bears not getting consistent play out of QB and Saints have talent but tend to disappear one week just before you can make them a trendy Super Bowl pick.

Not arguing, suburbia, just sayin'.

3. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Well, I did some research on tiebreakers and such. Denver and the Jets both hold head-to-head advantages over Tennessee, and the Titans and Cinci would go to a common opponents' tiebreaker. The Jets must lose on Monday and then again next week. Then the Titans would be in business. But that's based upon the Denver game. If Cinci wins, then Denver must lose next week. If Denver wins, there's a chance that Tennessee would win the common opponents tiebreaker and get a berth. But it's all predicated on Tennessee winning and the Jets losing next week.

At least, I think that's correct. But my head is spinning.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Finally! Someone else agrees with me!

He'll be living in 'Bama by Jan. 8.

Hey Hondo you dummy how about those Titans? They have the same record now as your beloved Jaguars! Merry Christmas you moron. May Santa bring you a TV so you can watch some football games next year before you spew your idiocy.

Jay Cutler is good...a 99-yard TD drive. Wow. He's the real deal. And I think his tight end, Tony Scheffler, might be a great one. (hi Idaho!!!) He's a beast.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Our newsroom's resident Bama grad doubts his alma mater would hire Coughlin, a damn Yankee. I think that might a really hard sell given what has gone on this season in NY, but he's a good college coach. I don't know if the faithful would be able to see the forest for the trees.

6. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Is anyone getting the Seahawks game? I am stuck with the Broncos-Bengals. Looks like the Seahawks defense finally pulled its head of out its ass and Alexander seems to be running well? Do they look better than the last two weeks or have the Chargers been resting people?

7. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

LT hasn't played since the third quarter, I believe.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Oh, Bengals. Oh, Bengals.

9. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Got to catch that snap. Went through his hands. A touch wide, yeah, but you have to catch that.
    Wow.

10. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Talk about karma. They JUST had said there had been a bad snap before. As a KC fan, I hope Cincy recovers this.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Again, a snap that could and should have been caught. Right through his hands.

12. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

Dear Redskins:
    Please make something of your season and beat the Giants at home Saturday night.

Signed,
    Packers fans

Draft saved Draft deleted