1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week XVI thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 21, 2006.

1. shotglass

shotglass Guest

If I were Tom Coughlin, I would be torn between getting this team ready for next weekend, and extracting every last pound of flesh I could from them over the next six days.

What a bunch of lay-down dogs.

2. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Oh, those Bengals gave me at least one thing to smile about hours after I left the Steelers bar with the fiancee today. Great to see the Bengals blow a chance like that. What would be even better, though, is seeing the Steelers put an end to Cincy's playoff hopes next week. Here's hoping.

3. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

I know the Vikings are out of the playoffs, but this story is a bit intriguing to me

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=AsdClY874ao1MWZo3i7tV7aM2bYF?slug=ap-vikings-robinson&prov=ap&type=lgns

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Spoken like a bitter fan of a team that will be home next month.

5. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Is there anybody who has updated playoff scenarios today? NFL.com doesn't. ESPN.com doesn't. Bueller? Bueller?

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

It's possibly a holiday today. Chill.

7. RAMBO

RAMBO Member

My god I was watching the Giants vs. Saints and game, and Bush was just running over the Giants yesterday.

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

The one receiver who played halfway decent -- when he was allowed to play, and the Vikings release him.

I think Brad Childress has proved his uselessness.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Tony Dungy is the poor man's Marv Levy.

10. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

As a Vikings fan, it's interesting to me: former offensive coordinator Brian Billick, who guided a great offense in Minnesota wins a Super Bowl with a marginal offense in Baltimore. Tony Dungy, a former defensive coordinator for the Vikes, first coaches a Tampa team that wins a Super Bowl after he leaves them and he goes to Indy where the offense is solid, but the defense remains suspect. What gives?

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Ahh, so there can be no NFL games today, it's a holiday and all.

I'm perhaps the least uptight person you'll ever meet. Our paper doesn't have them either. Just looking to see if maybe some big city shop had done the work.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

If the National Sports Media didn't love Marvin Lewis with all their hearts wouldn't he be given some grief for fielding a team that registers more arrests than pro bowl appearances?

Draft saved Draft deleted