1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running NFL Week XVI thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hockeybeat, Dec 21, 2006.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Damn it, I am at work and am missing the game. :mad:

2. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

And the Cowboys are losing as well. This tongues some major gooch. :mad:

3. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

If Philly wins, the Saints clinch the NFC's two seed and it keeps the Giants alive for the sixth seed.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

for the millionth time, michaels -- like so many announcers -- said the play-caller on the sideline pits that chart up in front of his mouth to prevent lip-reading by the opposing coaches. what a crock.

first of all, how the heck would lip reading help the defense on the field? do these announcers hear what they're saying?

i've covered the nfl since '83. the chart-in-front-of-the-mouth deal began when qb's helmets began being wired in the
    90s. and the reason the chart is held in front of the mouth is because it helps with the sound quality of the device.

NOT BECAUSE OF LIP-READING PARANOIA. :eek: :eek: :eek:

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

T.O. just lost to Jeff Garcia ... now that's hilarious.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

that's what we call a merry christmas.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

But it's easy and fun to perpetuate a stupid myth!

Dallas with a tremendous tank job today. They're gonna host the Giants in two weeks, and Coughlin's quitters could win that game.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Karma. It's karma.

9. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Good grief, who dressed Michael Irvin?!

Hideous. Simply hideous.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

There's no reason to rip Irivin. Just because he got his outfit from Pimps 'R' Us...

11. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Mr. Rosie just came in and said Irvin looks like something from the circus. And HB, he laughed when I read your response.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Well, I'm a funny guy! Not as funny as Irvin's tailor, though. That guy has a sense of humor or photos of The Playmaker with sheep, handcuffs, lubricant and jelly.

Draft saved Draft deleted