1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Unroll Tide!

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

He was also conditioned to presume that that he'd get away with it. Even as his actions were recorded, he continued.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree with every part of this post.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

The scary thing to me is that we only become aware of police abuse when one of their victims dies. They'll slap around suspects, get a few extra kicks in or whatever like it's part of the job - and then when someone dies (whether they had an underlying medical condition or not) we're supposed to believe it was something unusual. The other cops on the scene didn't act like it was something unusual Chauvin was doing.

5. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

A Brevard chapter of the Fraternal Order of Police posted a now deleted advertisement over the weekend calling on those officers involved in violent incidents in Buffalo, NY and Atlanta, GA, to join the ranks of local police agencies, drawing howls of outrage from citizens across Florida.

"Hey Buffalo 57... and Atlanta 6... we are hiring in Florida. Lower taxes, no spineless leadership, or dumb mayors rambling on at press conferences... Plus... we got your back! #lawandorderFlorida," reads the June 6 post made at 1:21 a.m on the Brevard County F.O.P. Facebook page. The post, deleted sometime Monday morning garnered over 2,000 comments and 1,000 shares.

Brevard County Fraternal Order of Police: disciplined and jailed cops should apply here

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Jesus. Gang in blue.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They kill people.
    They steal money from taxpayers.
    They don’t rat on each other.
    Convince me again how they’re NOT the Mafia?

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Fuck Tucker Carlson gently with a chain saw.

And as long as we’re on the subject, here is a standout self-own:

EZ1yDBJWkAEvGJM.jpeg

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

You don't know me but you don't like me,
    You say you care less how I feel
    How many of you that sit and judge me
    Ever walked the streets of Bakersfield?

Hooray4snail likes this.
  11. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

Which is why I say he wanted a black body on his name. Maybe it wasn't what he was looking for when the day started, but when the opportunity presented itself to get his name on the list he took advantage. Of course he didn't care that he was recorded. Makes it all the better. Look at him. Does he look like a guy that's concerned about his actions? He looks like the captain showing his boys how it's done.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted