1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

Whatever conspiracy nonsense he saw on OAN while he was watching his daily intel briefing this morning. ... because both candidates were the same.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So the old guy appears to be holding a smart phone in one hand and helmet in the other. Some whackadoos on the Internet claimed it was a scanner designed to identify police radio frequencies and then block them.

Of course, police frequencies are common knowledge. You can download apps to listen in. And as anybody who worked at a newspaper in the old days knows, radios designed to pick up those frequencies have been around for decades. And, on top of that, jamming technology hasn't been deployed at any protest that I know of.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I imagine some minor league baseball team will hold a "Karen Night" at some point - free admission to all fans named Karen, and a meet and greet with "the manager" of course.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Babe Ruth baseball is nothing if not a constellation of Karens.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Guess this disqualifies them from hosting Trump's klan rally/coronation in late August.
    The truth, I suspect, is that they weren't going to agree to his demands anyway. Nobody can.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Maybe Putin has an opening. Trump could make his acceptance speech in Red Square.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

You've never been South, have you?

8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

The U.S. women's national soccer team wants an apology and repeal of protest ban:

USWNT players demand apology, repeal of national anthem protest ban

Line starts with Megan Rapinoe, who was hammered when she started kneeling not long after Colin Kaepernick and Eric Reid. U.S Soccer - and plenty of people who really think it's "all about the flag" - hammered her for it and made abundantly clear that all players will stand.

U.S. men's team is also getting on board.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hey now, there are Confederate monuments up north too. Not as many. But some.

10. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

very fine monuments on both sides

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I actually lived in Marietta Georgia in the fifth and sixth grade. I remember going to Stone Mountain, where a bunch of confederate soldiers are etched into the side of a mountain. But that was a long time ago. We moved in 1976.

I am still flabbergasted.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Put the statues in a museum and charge. Simple solution and Mitchie and his ilk can still make a buck off it

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted