1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Cops confiscated the camera, but it's still live.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

CNN is pointing out, correctly, its camera crew is under arrest and Derick Chauvin isn’t

Liut likes this.
  3. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

You forget one thing: those guys only go after soft targets. They don’t want to mess with a crowd of angry black men.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I’ve said here before and I’ll say it again: the American police officer is the best job in this country. You can do whatever you want to whomever and never face consequences thanks to your police union, which at this point is just a branch of the NRA. You’re retired in your 40s or 50s with that sweet, sweet defined benefit government pension. While they try and bust every other union in this country, you get left alone since everyone’s been on your dick as a “hero” since 9-11.

unless you’re a black officer or a woman, of course. In that case, you better mind your Ps and Q’s.

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

After the CNN arrest, might be time for the ol police chief to take the early retirement package and resign.

7. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

First comes this:

Then comes this:

8. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I’ve seen a report it was not the Minneapolis PD.

Edit: see post above

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Twitter flagged Trump’s looting tweet?

I’m sure the sociopath will take that well.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

They put it on the official White House account.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Fair enough. MPD appears to have abdicated its role, to some degree - last night proved that.

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

They aren't a highly-trained, investigative force of super sleuths for nothing.

It only took them an hour, including transporting them all downtown, to confirm that a guy holding a microphone, who identified himself as a reporter and who had a badge that said CNN on it, who was there with a producer and a cameraman who was pointing a $10,000 camera at him as he described the scene around him, were members of the media.

Last edited: May 29, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted