1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Have you see the profanity laced and anti-police tweets from some of the statutes?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

4. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

People cheering the destruction of statues and monuments don’t get to be surprised when some nut goes after something important to them.
    - Harvey Updyke

5. rtse11

rtse11 Well-Known Member

In all seriousness who is Ray Ciccarelli?

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Ray Ciccarelli, I apologize. I forgot you were there.
    [​IMG]

swingline, OscarMadison and garrow like this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I have no problem with cutting back on the reliance we have on police, demilitarizing their tactics and equipment, expanding deescalation training - but the public also needs to ramp up its ability to deal with each other, walking away from potentially negative encounters and being more civil to each other. And just be better and more responsive neighbors.

Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Guys. Guys! Lets pool our money and buy this. I'd love to hear some driver in a presser saying, "Yeah, the SportsJournalists.com Number 6 truck handled really well today."

10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Tulsa on Juneteenth.

Not even a dog whistle.

Just a shoutout to his crypto-nazi racist base.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

You know, if more lawmakers from the states bankrolling the southeast would say that when hissyfits are thrown...

Bless their hearts. Also, white people use argan oil when we can find it. Dummies.

Bye (person I couldn't pick out of lineup!)

qtlaw likes this.
  12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

At a certain point that was passed long ago, you realize that everything can't just be tone deafness or cluelessness.

What makes no sense, though, is that he is a really manipulative shit who has spent his life lying, cheating and taking shortcuts to try to get ahead.

If he is desperate to win the election, how can he not realize what he is doing is having the opposite effect? His behavior may have sured up support of maybe 15, 20 percent of the population that he was going to have voting for him regardless, but he has been alienating another 15 to 20 percent of people who may have voted for him last time, but who are clearly now disgusted by what they see.

I know he is a jackass, and an uncurious, narcissitic moron, but is he so convinced of his brilliance that he thinks what he's doing is being successful?

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted