1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Reason No. 1,000,000 why Biden said what he did about being a Black Trump supporter.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Azrael likes this.
  3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

One thing these past few weeks have shown us is that racism does exist in this country but the number of anti-racists far outnumber the haters amongst us...and now it appears they may actually get off their sofas and vote. Even if they have to wait in line for 4 hours to do it.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  4. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I went to elementary school in LA (Kindergarden, first grade) New Jersey, Georgia and Maryland. I don't recall where I learned about the civil war, but I damn sure know that the South were never taught as traitors to this country.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Someone on private property flies a huge (thing has to be 15-20 feet) third national flag right along I-40 in the Crossville/Cookville area. There is a similar size and setup with the flea market “confederate” flag near Morganton, NC. Seeing those bothers me a whole lot more than what some fat dude has alongside his Earnhardt flag at a race.
    How many million eyes drive past those two spots in a year?
    As for statues, I’m not for destroying anything. Remove, replace, whatever. I’m not for wantonly destroying anything. I don’t burn books, graffiti buildings, or slash paintings. That having been said, I’d gladly light the fuse to blow up that god awful “statue” just south of Nashville.... not because it’s Forrest, but because it’s a hideous eye sore.

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /approves

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Two USMC helicopters from Camp Lejeune literally just flew over my head.
    Most Army versions of helicopters are all named after Indian tribes - Apache, Blackhawk, Comanche, Iroquois, Chinook, Kiowa - so are we going to have to rename them?

9. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

I mean... Sure, why not? Despite the long and storied history our Army has clearly had with those tribes.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Did you say eye?

[​IMG]

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

My wife drives a Grand Cherokee. I've often wondered what the Cherokees across the border in Oklahoma think about that name. What do the tribes think of their names being attached to those choppers?

Draft saved Draft deleted