1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Equalizer

Equalizer Member

Thank you. I've been thinking that all weekend. I looked at the reporter's Twitter feed from that day. He just went about his business covering whatever games he was covering like he hadn't done anything wrong.

Pilot and OscarMadison like this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

i don’t. I remember working in competitive situations long before the internet, and we fucked up plenty by trying to be “first.” The only difference was that our fuckups didn’t have worldwide reach.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Nancy Grace Effect.

HanSenSE and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

And they went on to win the state championship.

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In 1066, right? Wait, that was the Norman boys.....

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Back when they knew how to finish.

[​IMG]

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Not me. I worked at a PM paper before social media. The paper's web page was just coming into being.
    It was print. If you fucked up, it was under your name for all eternity... on people's refrigerators, in scrap books, in high school trophy cases, in libraries, in archives. Whatever you wrote, you owned.
    That's not to say we didn't make simple mistakes or typos, but your made dang sure the facts lined up on anything important.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I always hate when people play the "God card" when trying to apologize for saying something horrendous. Are we supposed to think you "learned" that word or point of view in your church? Seriously? The guy obviously needs to pay more attention on Sundays.

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

10. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Yeah, fuck you. You clearly don't get it.

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

So, first job interview while in law school, interviewer (white) at well-established law firm says:

"So you've got three strikes against you, you're Asian,...."
    When has a white person ever been greeted with that in a job interview??? Yeah, no we don't start at the same starting line.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted