1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running racism in America thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, May 26, 2020.

1. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

trollololol

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This is an absolutely childish response.

Mngwa and HanSenSE like this.
  3. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He only values the opinions of mods and Hat Guy.

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Has he broken out the line about the comb lately? That used to be his favorite.

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Moderators have authority. You don't.

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Fuck you, clown.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Colorblind is not the current standard of fighting racism. It’s hyper colorvision. And there is a distinct order. And if you don’t don’t fit the current definition of the oppressed, you are the oppressor or maybe they will grant that while you are not the oppressor, your life has largely been defined by the benefits you received from the oppression of another.

is it as simple as If you’re not black, you’re privileged. If you’re privileged, your life and accomplishments are heavily tarnished. So tarnished in fact, that you cannot claim to have achieved anything without racism.

8. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

My favorite is when he says something to the effect of "Don't you dare speak to me like that." Or what? He'll beat me up?

9. Smallpotatoes

Now you have a problem with me, too?

10. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

He has this handful of phrases someone gave him once to try and win internet arguments and he clings to them like a Charles Atlas course.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

What is your problem?.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Wow, sorry I even broached this subject with you. My stepfather of nearly 50 years is an 11th grade drop out from Idaho, one of 12 kids from a dirt poor farm, who left to join the Navy, served in Korea, learned a trade and worked 40 years in the trenches, very similar to the guy in that poster. Yeah, I've seen white privilege and he's the exact opposite. But you get cries for "hyper colorvision" because America couldn't even do colorblindness, not even after the Civil Rights era, mandatory busing, Title VII. If you don't realize that, I don't know what to say to you.

Draft saved Draft deleted