1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SCOTUS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 15, 2020.

1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

You’re wrong about me thinking it should be an arm of the Democratic Party. But it shouldn’t be a MAGA arm either.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

It leans so far to the right, it can't stand up anymore.

Tarheel316 likes this.
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Biden will be in prison within a week of inauguration, unless he's physically unavailable.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I look forward to the small government conservatives and libertarians raising their voices in protest of this ruling.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

You're suggesting they should've packed the court so as to eliminate the possibility of any rulings with a conservative bent.
    What am I supposed to think?

6. Tarheel316

I’m not against all conservative rulings. In fact, other than on health care, I’m actually pretty conservative myself. It just that these MAGA types are a clear and present danger to the country. They aren’t like John McCain, Howard Baker, Lowell Weicker or Bob Dole.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

But burning down the house isn't the best way to get rid of some roaches, and packing the court is taking a flamethrower to the sumbitch.
    That's increasingly been one of my problems with the current progressive movement. When they don't win, instead of examining what went wrong or looking at it in terms of cyclical long-term trends, they try to change the fundamental rules of the game so they'll never lose again. That's a road to true authoritarianism.

9. Tarheel316

Wait! Doesn’t he have immunity?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

The St. Paul mayor and his wife with their $230,000 household income are especially appreciative of this specific targeting.

The thing is, you can ALWAYS say "this needs to be cleaner" and "this needs to be doublechecked, triplechecked and quadruplechecked" in order to maintain quality. But it doesn't take long before the increasing regulations become too onerous for each incremental gain in air/water cleanliness or some other measure of quality.

It's like anytime a government organization is streamlined, there are gasps at the terrible consequences coming down the pike from smaller staffing. But no one ever seems to ponder how fat and bloated the organization may have gotten over many years.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2024 at 4:56 PM
  11. Tarheel316

I agree with you about the progressives and was glad to see that moron Bowman lose. But this MAGA deal has gone too far. How do you reverse it?

12. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

So we agree on that, too!

No one wants Congress debating the nuance of regulation.

Draft saved Draft deleted