1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running SCOTUS thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 2muchcoffeeman, Jun 15, 2020.

1. HappyCurmudgeon

HappyCurmudgeon Well-Known Member

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Camp Topridge, in the Adirondacks, is owned by Harlan Crow. Among the decorations is a painting of Crow, Thomas, Peter B. Rutledge, Leonard Leo and Mark Paoletta.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Obviously its not there yet, but I figure this is the best case for a legal discussion without cluttering up the Biden, TV or Mandalorian threads Would the proper play have been to simply pay off her contract and be done with it? Say "creative differences?" But I do think a entertainment enterprise has a right to protect its property, and certainly no one is required to employ anyone, whether they say something looney tunes or not.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/25/busin...tory-against-disney-after-mandalorian-firing/

4. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

FileNotFound likes this.
  5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

There's a good thread about it on Reddit. I don't think Carano's case has much of a chance of succeeding, partially because she wasn't actually fired. Her contract wasn't renewed for S3, and her spin-off show was canceled. This is damaging for Disney anyway though, because they'll either have to go through discovery, or settle to avoid that. I suspect the former is why Carano is being bankrolled by Musk and others, beyond that it aligns with their shitheel tendencies. As the Sony hacks incident and some other court cases have shown, people can get pretty free with what they're willing to write in a god damn corporate email to a coworker.

6. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Which is why news media advises reporters to destroy their story notes after publication.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Ask any Texas football coach whether a contract non-renewal isn't tantamount to a firing.

Let the courts sort it out. I imagine there's plenty of precedent, not that it matters with this court.

Draft saved Draft deleted