1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Simon

Simon Active Member

FIFA 12 might be the most enjoyable franchise mode I've ever played. Just great from the youth player development to the way your team reacts and freaks out on you.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Chris Creamer (and ESPN) have some screenshots from MLB 12: The Show. And they're freaking awesome. Almost makes want to convert to PS3.

http://www.sportslogos.net/blog/2011/12/02/mlb12-screenshots-showcase-new-mlb-unis/

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Matt Stephens

Matt Stephens Well-Known Member

OK, got Arkham City and The Old Republic for Christmas. Has anyone else gotten SWTOR? Trying to decide which server I should join.

4. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

am really hoping they put TOR out for the ps3.

5. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

In my tour of old games, I just beat Uncharted 2 today (GameFly game). I'm on to Valkyria Chronicles, and then whatever game I get sent after that from GameFly. I imagine by that point, FF13-2 will be out.

6. Matt Stephens

Doubt they bring it to consoles. MMOs on consoles generally are disastrous.

7. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Finally got Madden 12. I swear, it feels like EA switches the gameplay mechanics every year. Just the way the players move and all that jazz.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Maybe this is just a glitch on my end, but something caught my eye today while playing NCAA 12.

Where it lists a team's conference and national championships, it didn't have any SEC titles listed for Alabama -- even though I'm pretty sure the Tide won the title in 2009.

Anyone else notice this?

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

DC Universe actually did quite well on PS3 etc. But I think you're right about them not releasing it to the consoles.

10. Matt Stephens

You're right, I just read up on it. I remember on launch that lag made it unplayable to some folks. But like with Xbox, it already costs $50 a year for Live, adding a monthly fee for a game can be a turn off.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Ahhh, I'm so close to finally prestiging in MW3. For some reason it's taking longer than previous installments for me. Then again, all I play is TDM.

12. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

Haven't touched MW3 in weeks. Very disappointed in the installment, especially after MW2 was one of my favorite games of all time. Maybe I'm just over the war games...

Draft saved Draft deleted