1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Oh, and re: your original question - I'm interested in it, but I still have such a backlog of games to get through. I'm a compiler when it comes to games. :/ Like I have about 5 retail games from the past couple years I haven't started, and another 20+ between Humble Bundle sales and PS+ freebies... And I still have GameFly giving me a newer game a month, haha.

2. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get the itch to buy a game again. Divinity's probably the next computer game I buy. But got a hankering for an 360 game, too. So....I'll ask the group, what's the best console game you've played this year?

3. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Got a PS4 last week.

Absolutely love it so far, even if the only game I have for it is MLB The Show 14.

Will be trading that one in for a game I will play the hell out of and not get bored.

4. Madden 2015...
    My son got it for his birthday.
    Is there an option to play a season (offline) against the CPU?
    I'll be damned if I can find it.

5. amraeder

Looks like the answer is "Play as an owner in connected franchise mode"?? (Don't know. Don't have Madden. Just what I've found. Let me know if it works!)
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/789819-madden-nfl-15/69946754

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You can play a connected career offline, but I don't think there's an option to play just a season.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

So I recently got GTA V ... holy ...

8. amraeder

Does anyone know - for the new Madden, can you and a friend play online as the same team in a franchise? (So could we have an online franchise where the Browns are the only user controlled team, and for games, both him and I play as the Browns?) My friend got a PS4 and the only reason for me to do so would be to play Madden with him. So just curious what the options are.

9. KYSportsWriter

So I finally upgraded to next gen today, when I bought a PS4. Picked up NBA and WWE 2K15 and reserved MLB The Show 15. Got The Last of Us with it, but I have no idea what that game is.

10. sostartled

sostartled Member

I'm still rocking a PS3, though I haven't played in while. Instead, I've been on YouTube a lot recently watching videos of people playing video games. I'm digging the mode in Madden where you put together some sort of all-star team with current and past players, but I'm more fascinated by some of the in-depth career modes where you get to answer reporters questions and it impacts stats, etc. NBA2K14 and NBA2K15 seem to be the best, but NHL '14 "Live the Life" is similar. I'd much prefer hockey to basketball, and I'd prefer football to hockey. Does anyone know if any of the recent Maddens have a mode like this? I have NHL '13 so I might trade it in and upgrade to NHL '14, which apparently is the same thing as NHL '15 but with more game modes (including the one I want). I also might be interested in baseball if it has a career mode like this.

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Jelly, you'll love The last of Us.

Gomer likes this.
  12. KYSportsWriter

Haven't tried it yet, but I played NBA 2K15, WWE 2K15 and Call of Duty Ghosts a bit yesterday and before work today. Ghosts is OK, but both 2K15 games ... my God.

Draft saved Draft deleted