1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No kidding. People just keep posting screen grabs of their games and good lord no one cares.

I probably won't buy this until next weekend seeing as I didn't pre-order and have six straight tournament days starting on Friday.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the only one here who bit the bullet. It's everything I hoped it would be so far. And it's definitely not a Madden reskin.

3. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Are they still selling physical copies? When I get it, I want a disc and not a box with a download code.

4. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

I still get physical when I can. I am just too yell at a cloud old man. So our copy won't be ready until Friday and it is killing my kid.

5. YMCA B-Baller

YMCA B-Baller Well-Known Member

Forget this College Football 25 shit, who still rocks this?

Go Windy Belt!

I Should Coco and sgreenwell like this.
  6. YMCA B-Baller

CFP 25 old man complaint.

Our secondary 50-inch-ish TV died recently. We’ve been using a smaller TV until we replace it. It’s the one I have the PS5 connected to.

I found it really difficult to see downfield on pass plays. Like *really* difficult. I go to the camera settings and there’s not really a good option to fix it. “Zoom” is too close, the other options don’t help.

I finally just moved the PS5 to our main TV where it was acceptable.

Great game once I could see it. Took some time in dynasty mode to change college football back to 1960-ish mode. Georgia Tech and Tulane in the SEC, South Carolina in the ACC, SWC re-created, imagined a never-real mega Big East, etc. Pretty cool.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2024
  7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Downloaded my copy this morning, hoping to dig in for a bit tonight once I'm done with State Open coverage. It'll be weird to not have to search around the web for roster updates like you had to in the past...

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Oh hell, I just realized that College Football 25 is only on the Ps5 and whatever the hell the latest XBox is called. I have a PS4.
    Whatta buncha bullshit, EA. You were cranking out PS2 versions of the old NCAA series until 2011. You can't make a version of this for the Ps4?

9. Octave

Octave Well-Known Member

I hold the same view, but the PS4 is simply not powerful enough.

Let's hope EA steps up its game on Madden, and specifically the Frostbite game engine.

10. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Finally got a chance to sit down and play a couple of my dynasty games in College Football 25 and dammit, it's a blast. Kudos to EA for this one. They had enough time, so they better have gotten it right, and they did.

11. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Not sure which was better -- the background music, complete with "horns," or the fact it took about 1 minute of real time for the player to return a fumble 99 yards for a TD.

12. YMCA B-Baller

Great game. Went promo-relegation with my dynasty.

Twenty-team leagues at the top (Big Ten, SEC, ACC, Big 12) - five down/five up/two down from Big 12. All 12 games played within your league.
    Ten-team leagues afterwards (Pac-12, MWC, AAC, Sun Belt, MAC, C-USA) - two down/two up/one down from C-USA. Nine league games with some crossover, but only league games count in promo-relegation.
    Two leftover teams as independents - one up. Best overall record.

Ordered the teams by historic weeks ranked in the top 25. Playing with three teams, but will play the relevant games for any promo-relegation contests in Weeks 13-15. I think I'm in Week 9 now.

Been fun. Parity in the top division with the bluebloods mixed in. Makes for interesting rankings. I'm sure the CFP will look interesting too.

Yeah, I'm a nerd. I don't give a fuck.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2024
    Cosmo and sgreenwell like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted