1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That would be me whom you added to your growing list of SportsJournalists.com ass-kickings. When you have a name that starts with "E", you end up with nicknames like that.
    And I'll agree totally on your earlier post that one-on-one isn't very much fun. It's basically the first person to make a mistake and go into the water, loses. Or, in my case, drive off the side of Rainbow Road 15 times and end up getting lapped.

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I've never met anyone who likes Rainbow Road.

3. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I laughed out loud when I read this.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I've gotten better at it from playing online. If you take your time and just don't drive off the track, enough people screw up that you can usually finish fourth or fifth and pick up some easy VR points. In one-on-one, I end up rushing and it's a nightmare. Only track worse is Moonview Highway. Fuck Moonview Highway with a rusty butter knife.

5. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I too dislike Moonview highway. It always seems like the only car that ever hits me is that damn bomb-on-wheels.

6. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Oddly enough, I can handle Moonview Highway.

Any tips on not driving off the Rainbow Road track, however, would be greatly appreciated.

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Resisting the urge to powerslide is a big key. There's only one or two spots you can do it safely, and even then you have to do it lightly (i.e., not enough to get the turbo boost). Also, make sure you're dead center when you hit the turbo pads. If you're off too much, it's easy to lose control and become a meteorite.
    And if you're playing online, make sure no douchenozzles (the same zit-riddled 14-year-olds who pick the track in the first place to show how good they are) take you out with a star or as a Bullet Bill. It'll flip you right off the track.

8. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I drive automatic all the time. Powersliding is out for me.

Seriously. If I tried to learn manual, I'd screw it up.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Noticed EA Sports has quietly announced it won't renew the license for MVP NCAA Baseball.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm the exact opposite. I'm almost too addicted to powersliding. I try to do it on every corner to get the turbo boost.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I hit a game-tying homer with Micah Owings in The Show today.

Oh, it's going to be a great summer.

12. I think you're the only one ... including the developers' parents.

Draft saved Draft deleted