1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

I don't powerslide either. I tried to on past Kart games, but always found it too difficult for the value. I'd always end up sliding into a wall or off the edge before I could get the boost, and then the boost was always so short it wouldn't help me anyway. So in this game I use automatic and just try to take the curves as quickly as I can.

2. Anyone going to be around to play Kart today?

3. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Behold the power of the Wii remote....
    Last night the wife went out for a smoke while I was playing Wii Sports golf. I followed her out, and putted out from the front porch. She seemed surprised that the remote would work that far away (maybe 10 or 15 feet), and I was curious to see how far the range was.
    So I go to the yard. It still works. I go to the end of the yard (50 feet) and it works. I go into the street. It still works. I ended up in a driveway across the street, about 100 feet away and with a tree in the way, and it was still working. I seriously think you could play your Wii from work if you wanted to.

5. Rusty Shackleford

How's the Kart tournament coming along? Anyone actually played any matches?

6. I haven't heard from Hoops since I PM'd him earlier this week....

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Hammer Pants and I PMd each other a few times earlier in the week, but I still don't think he's even registered me on his friends list.
    Kind of a lonely feeling when you click on someone's friend code and get the "You are not friends" message.

8. I feel ya.

9. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

I dunno about the rest of you, but I lost.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Hopefully Gomer's internet will be back up this week so we can play Friday.

Sorry I haven't done anything with all y'all's friends codes. I haven't turned the machine on in a couple of weeks.

11. Rusty Shackleford

So I had a few minutes to kill online and decided to get on Youtube and see what Mario Kart videos there were. All I can say is holy crap some people kick serious ass at this game. If you get a minute and want to learn a few shortcuts, get on Youtube. Some are just crazy.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I am now officially hooked on MLB: The Show, thanks to recommendations of posters on this thread. Thank you folks!

I started off as a catcher in the Astros organization and after the initial spring training, ended up on the AAA Round Rock Express. But I kinda lost interest in that and created a new career, this time as a starting pitcher in the same organization.

First season at AA Corpus Christi, I was 11-2 with a 1.83 ERA and 68 Ks. Got called up midseason to Round Rock, won my first two starts and then went down the rest of the season with a head fracture. A freaking head fracture! WTF?

This season, went 11-1 for Round Rock and got called up to the big club. Now I'm 3-1 with a stout 1.21 ERA and 53 Ks, more strikeouts than hits allowed.

I love this freaking game.

Draft saved Draft deleted