1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Alley, turn back while you can.

This game had me on the short road to being single.

2. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Meh. I'm already single. Too late to turn back now. I want to see what kind of contract offer I'm going to get and see if they boost me from a No. 5 starter to higher in the rotation.

One part of the game that's frustrating are the no decisions. I've had 10 starts and SIX no decisions. WTF?

3. Herbert Anchovy

If you work on developing your stamina you can go later into games.

This is a very kid-friendly game. The girlies don't like it though.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Or you can adjust the Gameplay slider on how quick the manager is with the hook.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Man, can't believe I missed this part. Thanks to you both.

6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

That's a hanging slider if I've ever seen one.

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Two balls and no strikes.

8. Finally brought GTA IV the other day. After playing a few missions, a few things I didn't like:

1) Getting wedged between things and not being able to get out: I took a really wide turn around a corner and my car got stuck between a wall and lamp post. I couldn't reverse to get out of it nor could I go forward. It took me 5 minutes to get out of it. Also, one of the cabs I was riding got stuck at an intersection because of cars in front of him. I guess the AI was not smart enough to back up and go around.

2) Niko walks extremely slow and also runs slow.

3) Not feeling the hand-to-hand combat. It took me a couple of times to complete the mission where you have to fight off the loan sharks by the projects. I shouldn't have to button mash to pull of a couple of punches and kicks.

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Just hit the X button when that happens. It warps you to your destination.

10. Herbert Anchovy

[​IMG]

Just when you think you're really getting good at this game, you suck.

It's going to be the death of me.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I'm not doing anything but watching baseball and playing either the PS3 or Wii tonight (having both doesn't make me a loser ... it means my girlfriend lives 100 miles away), so if anyone wants to play an online game of MarioKart of MLB The Show, holler at me.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I was getting a new Wii shipped in, and then I went out of town to work for a few days. I'm back in the saddle (with a new Kart number, I think).

Draft saved Draft deleted