1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Running video games (and consoles) thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Will Hernandez, Dec 20, 2006.

1. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Pfft. Tell me something I DON'T already know.

2. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Update: In one quarter-final, Gomer beat StormSurge 3-0 Friday night. In an unfortunate twist for the relatively inexperienced Storm, the first random track drawn was Rainbow Road.
    "I honestly felt bad for him," said Gomer afterwards, rum and coke in hand. "First 10 times you play that damn thing, you just keep falling off, and off, and off again."

With progress going slow on the first round, how about anyone who hasn't responded via PM's or wishes not to play loses by default by next Friday? Otherwise give it one more week after that to complete the first round?

3. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Gomer, care to update us on the results so far? I know I beat Embassy 3-1 and you won 3-0, but are there any others who've played yet?

Also Gomer, I sent you at least one ghost challenge, maybe more (I can't remember who all I've sent them to). Send me a few of yours if you get a chance.

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Wow, I suck.

And I thought my driving sucked in GTA IV. Yikes.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Don't tell me you drove Rainbow Road while drinking rum and Coke.

I make my roommate play 'O Fortuna' loudly while I drive Rainbow Road on mute. Makes me feel better about the 30 falls I'm going to take.

6. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

First, Storm isn't that bad, just inexperienced. Pretty tough if you don't know the tracks. He actually almost beat me on the last track we played (one of the Mario circuits).

Well, I had a rum with me, but I'm not good enough to drive AND drink without screwing one of the two up quite badly. But I did only fall off Rainbow Road once that round.

Good call on the update. Sadly, just the two matches completed.

Round 1 of the SportsJournalists.com MarioKart Wii Golden Mushroom Open:

Hammer Pants vs. Batman
    Gomer vs. Stormsurge - Gomer wins 3-0
    EmbassyRow vs. Rusty - Rusty wins 3-1
    HoopsMcCann vs. Benchwarmer

Any traction on those other matches? Or are we looking at defaults for somebody?

7. I haven't heard from Hoops since he posted his code. I'll play either of the other guys who haven't. I'll be around most of the weekend.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

WTF? I finished my initial contract on MLB The Show with a late callup to the Astros, a 7-1 record, a sizzling 1.41 ERA and 70Ks (few hits than strikeouts). Hell, I even won the opening game of the World Series.

My contract offer after that? 3 years, $199,000. WTF? That's not even the league minimum, is it?

9. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

Ahahahahaha! It's not!

Just be glad you weren't traded for a dozen maple bats.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

First impression of Wii Fit: After 30 minutes, you actually do feel it.

I made my Mii as fat as possible. Wii Fit went and ... made it fatter. Thanks, Nintendo.

11. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford Active Member

Anyone want to race tonight? Or play some Smash Bros? PM me or post here if you do.

12. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I can play in a few minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted